We are able to see and treat, or refer, patients with minor injuries.
These minor injuries include:
- Lacerations capable of closure by simple techniques.
- Superficial injury of eye.
- Partial thickness thermal burns or scalds involving broken skin – Not over 1 inch diameter/not involving the hands, feet, face, neck, genital areas.
- Foreign bodies superficially embedded in tissues, including eyes.
An injury that is not amenable to simple domestic first aid, including for example:
- Minor Head injuries where there has been no loss of consciousness